Advent lights are all put away for now. Spring is supposed to be in the air, but right now – not so much. The gas log are on, the small heater is pumping out heat and my hands are curled into the sleeves of my sweatshirt…when I’m not typing. Feels like I should be putting candles in the window instead of taking them out of the window. Errrr….
Cold weather makes me very lazy. All I want to do is curl up with a blankie, a book, and my babies…well…not all the babies. Big Lab girls cut off the circulation in my legs if they sit on my lap for more than a minute or two. Luckily, Shadow-Spooky-Sparkle cat wanted to cuddle tonight, and I could tuck my hands under her for extra warmth. Awwe….
I really shouldn’t be whining. After all, when there are earthquakes in Colorado, snowstorms north and east of us, tornadoes to the south of us, I should be able to handle a couple of nights in the mid-30’s. Errrr…
“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”~Matt 26:41
Sometimes I just have to remind myself to get up and move in the Awesome Spirit of GOD instead of being content to sit in the Whining Spirit of the World. So tonight I took myself back to the piano. Played some of my favorite songs and hymns, letting the melodies and the memories swirl around me like a warm blanket. Awwe…
“[The Lord] loves, and cares, and sympathizes, and understands, and seeks, and saves, and forgives, and helps, and encourages, and walks by our side… taking care of us in life when we can’t take care of ourselves.”~W. A. Criswell
The Advent lights may all be packed away. There may be a deep chill in the air. There may even be storms wreaking havoc on all my horizons. But – and this may be the “Awwe” part of this “Fat Tuesday” insight so read this slowly:
GOD’S GOT THIS!!
Ponderings His WORD…
Feet walking His path…
Following His Light…
Singing His Praise.
“…And I’m going there to see my Saviour,
to sing His praise forevermore.
I’m only going over Jordan,
I’m going home; I’m going home.”~“Wayfaring Stranger” 1935 [google images]
SNOW DAY – PART I: A good way to start a snowy day is with a giggle. It started to snow around 5 AM. The weather man said 2-3 inches over by 3 PM. An easy fun day of snow for NC since most everyone will stay home and play.
Teacher: How old is your father?
Teacher: What? How is that possible?
Student: Duh! He only became a father when I was born.
Hmmm…four inches later, we realize it might have been wise to keep up with the snow. After all, snow bears (common alias used is choc labs) – one with a torn ACL – must have a way in and out of the home without slip-slidin’ away down the ramp. Brooms don’t work on such deep snow, and when you don’t have a snow shovel…rakes work quite well. Hubby and snow bears out in the snow often.
And I? By 5 PM, with 10 inches and counting, I loved watching the birds today. Filled the feeders twice, walked the paper to a neighbor and enjoyed our snow bears rolling and rolling and rolling in the snow. Today’s wisdom:
- “The Godly walk with integrity blessed are their children who follow them”~Prov 20:7
- Queue is just Q with four silent letters.
- “I’ve written all these stories without any pornography, without any obscenities. I grew up among sailors and miners and lumberjacks and the roughest kind of men in the world, but I never found it necessary to use all that in the stories. I can make them real without that. I think that kind of writing is a cover up for lack of real skill.”~Louis L’Amour
- Never trust a weatherperson who says says: “It’ll be a small snow fall”.
SNOW DAY – PART II: Early morning view of Carolina blue sky – 10″ of snow – bright sunshine – highs rising to the upper 30’s. Can’t get much better than that on “snow” day part II” in North Carolina”.
Snow days Carolina style – snow bears (disguised as choc labs most of the year) love running and playing in snow, but they also love snuggling next to the fire. Shadow-Spooky-Sparkle rarely leaves the fireplace unless it is to lie on the back of the couch. While Hubby loves to explore the snow-covered roads, but sometimes the car has a mind of its own and locks him out. And I? I love reading my new devotional book, Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus by Lois Tverberg as I look out the windows wondering what it would have been like to be Dorcus – or Mary – or Martha sitting at Yeshua’s feet – a talmidah – a female disciple sitting at His feet.
- “For the eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers.”~1 Pt 3:12
- “You cannot separate life from work. The way you do the most insignificant activity in your daily life will reflect in your work.”~Masaaki Shibata
- “I’m going there to meet my Saviour
To sing his praise forever more
I’m just a-going over Jordan
I’m just a-going over home”~Wayfarin’ Stranger original last chorus.
- The weatherperson says that it’ll reach the high 40’s tomorrow, will it? I can only hope. 10 inches of snow will take a long time to go away if it doesn’t get warm.
SNOW DAY – PART III. Hubby has been for his walk with the snow bears, and snow bears are now restless. There is sun but no place to lay in the sun without being cold and wet. Shadow-Spooky-Sparkle watches birds from the window with deep longing, but escape in snow is futile to tender kitten paws. Temperatures are almost into the 50’s. Roads have a hint of pavement peeking through. And I? I am contemplating my prayer list, my poor- in-spirit/failings list, my thankfulness for my haverim/haverat (peers that inspire and challenge me) and the gift of quiet days that interrupt my usual schedule of busyness that I might find His joy and laughter on His path that I so often screw up. #blessingsbe #righttolife #inprayer
- “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by My Father in Heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there I AM with them.”~Matt 18:19-20
- Teacher: What is the chemical formula for water?
Student: H I J K L M N O
Teacher: What are you talking about?
Student: Yesterday you said it was H to O.
- The weatherperson said: “High 40’s today”. It is 49 and counting.
- Walk in obedience, remember the past, respect all life, be in prayer always.